Music for the Masses


Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day! Make your voice HEARD!

Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, it is time. I hope all of you will make your voice heard and be counted in the greatest democratic process ever. I don't care who you vote for--just vote. If you haven't educated yourself on the candidates, there's no time like the present.

This day like no other is what makes America great. Most countries have an Independence Day. Some countries have a voting process. But NO ONE has this country but us. WE decide. Well, okay ... the electoral college decides the presidency, but there are other items on every other ballot in the nation. In Utah, we're voting for State Governor, Senate seats, House seats, district court judges (of whom I can honestly say I am familiar with several on a very personal basis).

Take it to the polls, people. This is our day. I personally volunteer to watch anyone's kids so you can make it to your voting station.

Make it happen, folks. Make this the best country in the world for a reason: vote.

1 comment:

The Dixon Gang said...

Can you come watch my kids??? J/K - we vote absentee anyways :) We voted about 2 weeks ago.