Music for the Masses


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Battle Lost, but 3 Battles Won

And really ... the "lost" battle is Obama winning the presidency, but after listening to his acceptance speech from Chicago, it's hard *not* to like him. What an incredible orator. If he can live up to his speech, I'll be impressed.

California, Arizona, and Florida all passed measures to add a line to their respective state constitution, defining marriage as being between a man and a woman. To me, this is SO much more important than the presidential election. It's 1:30 in the morning. I've stayed up specifically to keep tabs on those results in CA. I'm sufficiently sure that the prop has passed to where I can now go to bed.

2 comments:

The Dixon Gang said...

I know, I couldn't hardly sleep last night. Everytime I would wake up I would get up and check the status. I was a little concerned because we were losing a little big of ground and there were still precincts that hadn't reported so I wasn't convinced we were going to hold the lead. But I'm fairly sure we will now. The counties that have not reported 100% are still in favor of Prop 8 at this point so I think we are safe :) I'm soooo excited!

Cygnus said...

don't get too excited yet ...

This is from KCRA's website:

""Matt Dorsey, a representative of the San Francisco city attorney's office, said City Attorney Dennis Herrera will file a legal challenge in the California Supreme Court if the measure wins."

I'm going to write a blog about this. Stand by.