Music for the Masses


Saturday, October 18, 2008

No Rest for the Unbelievably Weary

So, I have this cold. Not a mystery as to where I picked it up from ... girl one goes back to school, germs spread around like peanut butter on bread, and sure enough, I get it. The beauty is that I JUST had a flu shot on Wednesday. How ironic is that?

Of course, I'm not the only one who's sick. EVERYone seems to have a runny nose. I guess I'm just the hardest hit: weef's cleaning the kitchen, apparently feeling "fine"; girls one and two are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, tearing into every toy they own, with no regard for "the clean-up rule."

And now, my petri dish of a second daughter just crawled over, barking like a puppy, and demanded to give me a kiss--a puppy kiss. I'm simply never going to get better.

But you know what? I'd rather be as sick as a dog (pun intended) and know that my girls love me than be healthy and wondering. Not that I *do* wonder ... it's just nice to have that licking affirmation.

More Dayquil might help. So might a long, long nap. I'm sure I won't get the latter, so I'm going to go get some of the former

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to here your sick, stuck at work on a saturday babysitting a production line and found you blog, thought I would say Hi.

Lee